Job Title: Education Outreach Program Coordinator
Application Deadline: May 12, 2021
Start Date: May 17, 2021
Term: 6-week Canada Summer Job contract, with a possibility of extension into November 2021
Compensation: $18/hour, 35 hours per week
The Thousand Faces Festival is seeking an Outreach Coordinator to oversee the marketing and school bookings for our June 21st broadcast of Rocko and Nakota: Tales From the Land, and to plan marketing for the Festival proper happening in September 2021. For the past 9 years, The Thousand Faces Festival has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other artistic disciplines. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30.
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of work for this position will be completed remotely.
Outreach Coordinator Job Description:
The Outreach Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Artistic Director, General Manager, and Festival Producer to create and implement a marketing and outreach plan for the execution of the 2021 Thousand Faces Festival. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Facilitating school bookings for the June 21st broadcast of Rocko and Nakota: Tales From the Land
- Acting as the primary point of contact for schools and the general public for inquiries about Rocko and Nakota: Tales From the Land and the Thousand Faces Festival
- Providing viewer support and acting as moderator during the June 21st broadcast of Rocko and Nakota: Tales From the Land
- Working with partners to market the public broadcast of Rocko and Nakota: Tales From the Land to reach a larger, cross-Canada audience
- Preparing a marketing plan for the Thousand Faces Festival in Fall 2021
- Creating marketing materials for the Thousand Faces Festival (both print and digital)
- Running Thousand Faces Festival social media accounts and creating a social media plan
- Approaching teachers to book performances for the 2021/2022 school year
Outreach Coordinator Qualifications:
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm for celebrating stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. Previous marketing or communications experience is a must, especially if augmented by a post-secondary credential in the field of Arts Management, Marketing, or Communications. Facility with good writing and numerical skills, good communication skills, an audience focused attitude, and out of the box thinking are all assets.
Please send a brief cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com with the subject line Outreach Coordinator Application. The Deadline to submit your application is Wednesday, May 12 2021.