Digital Web Designer
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a Digital Web Designer to join the internal marketing team. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about digital user experience and has a keen eye for consistency and attention to deal. This person should be a creative, eager, and organized individual, looking to be part of the Citadel’s ever increasing digital communication focus. This role will help the Citadel and marketing team maintain and further develop their online reputation to an expanding patron audience.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the position is responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy digital based creative for the Citadel Theatre website, web pages, email creative, email templates, social media graphics, and digital advertising assets. A key member of the marketing team this individual will also work on maintaining and updating the Citadel Theatre website.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Produce graphics for website, social media graphics, banners, static and rich banner ads, email campaigns, and email templates.
- Work alongside our internal team and external agencies to produce social media and digital advertising assets for various placements including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Google Ads, Twitter, and YouTube
- Work along side our Videographer to edit video content to be used for marketing activities
- Translate marketing strategy, existing research, and online marketing strategies into effective designs.
- Work with external developers to ensure website aesthetics are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Work with developers to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
- Manage and update all content and graphics for the website
- Work with marketing team and other internal departments to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Manage and produce digital design work, including banner sizing and versioning.
- Ensure consistency of brand and creative across digital patron touch points.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications, web development or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years successful professional design experience
- Strong portfolio of design work, showing solution to business problems through effective design.
- Able to present and speak to concepts
- Experience in web marketing/web design with a strong knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, FTP, and web design and development principles
- Knowledge with Web design processes
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite products, and comfort using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume, portfolio, and cover letter including their salary expectations to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain open until Monday, May 31st, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Applications will only be considered if submitted with portfolio and cover letter.
The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.