The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a full-time, temporary
HOSPITALITY AND GUEST EXPERIENCE SUMMER STUDENT
Reporting to the Head of Hospitality and Guest Experience, The Front of House Manager and the Hospitality Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with a team of Managers, Supervisors and Guest Experience staff to ensure the highest possible level of customer service to all patrons visiting The Citadel Theatre. The successful candidate will learn all roles of the Hospitality and Guest Experience division over the course of the summer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in planning and completion of tasks in support of the opening of all food and beverage aspects of the theatre.
- Use a POS system to process transactions, handle cash, run reports, and maintain inventory with a high level of accuracy and integrity.
- Ensure a meticulously clean environment before, during, and after service.
- Maintain up-to-date, perfect knowledge of product and specs to a standard, which allows consistent execution, and accurate communication to patrons.
- Ensure the safety of theatre patrons while inside the building or on theatre grounds; have a thorough knowledge of fire regulations, safety regulations, and make all staff aware of these regulations and operate all front of house functions abiding by these regulations
- Possible Projects – Reviewing inventory control, purchasing processes, or sales development plans.
- Other duties as requested
- Available to work flexible hours and must be available weekends and evenings. (This position will have weekend and evening hours in addition to some daytime hours
- Some experience or training in a customer service or theatre operations related role is an asset
- Ability to lead and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to comfortably carry and lift 50lbs to shoulder height
- ProServe certification is considered an asset
Position will start July 5, 2021 and run until August 27, 2021
The wage for this position will be $16 an hour.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com
Posting will remain open until June 6, 2021
Applications will only be considered if submitted with cover letter.
The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.