Social Media and Community Coordinator
Do you love connecting people, community, and events? The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a Social Media and Community Coordinator to join the internal marketing team. We are looking for an enthusiastic social butterfly to lead the execution of our social media and community strategies.
Reporting to the Marketing and Sales Director, this individual will work cross-functionally to gather content from the various departments to share what is going on at the Citadel with our community and patrons. Building connections outside of the Citadel, this individual will also help to engage with external stakeholders to help continue to grow the Citadel’s impact on the cultural vibrancy of Edmonton and beyond.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Manage day-to-day social media channels
- Full management and creation of the Citadel social media content calendar
- Gathering, creating, and formatting content to be used on social media channels, paying attention to channel best practices and styling
- Working with various members of internal departments to ensure areas of focus are aligned with department goals and are portrayed as such on social media where relevant
- Communicating and working with our internal design team to fulfill the graphic and creative needs for social media, email, and community engagement work
- Delivering reporting on social media and email execution and analytics
- Drafting and curating emails to our patrons and other external stakeholders
- Liaising and seeking connections with community partners to promote Citadel programming and nurture our relationship within the Canadian Arts community
- Work alongside our internal team and external agencies to schedule and place social media and digital advertising assets for various placements including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Google Ads, Twitter, and YouTube
- Translate marketing strategy, existing research, and online marketing strategies into effective social media and community engagement executions.
- Ensure consistency of tone of voice across social channels and email communications
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in communications, commerce, public relations, or business administration
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Proficient user in varying social media platforms including but not limited to; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus+, YouTube, and Snapchat
- Experience in email client software like MailChimp, Klayvio, Campaign Monitor, ect. Specific experience with Wordfly would be considered an asset.
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable using various software including, Asana, Microsoft Office suite, and Google Workspace.
Annual salary is $45,000 and has a benefit package that starts after the probationary period.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Posting will remain open until June 6, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Applications will only be considered if submitted with cover letter.
The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.