Grindstone Theatre is seeking two part-time Box Office Assistants/Hosts to join our Audience Services team. This role is integral to the Grindstone Theatre as it is the first point of contact for guests visiting the Theatre & Bistro. The Box Office Assistant/Host is responsible for seating guests in the Bistro as well as selling walk up tickets to any upcoming shows. If you are passionate about theatre, have excellent customer service skills, and thrive in fast paced environments – we think you would be a great fit!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Greeting and seating guests visiting the Bistro
- Selling and issuing tickets using the Showpass ticketing system.
- Provide excellent customer support to guests looking to book advance tickets.
- Aiding patrons by answering questions about the shows and the facility.
- Processing Gift certificates
- Counting floats, reconciling ticket sales, and leaving a show report for the GM at the end of the night.
- Processing Complimentary tickets at the request of the Programming Coordinator & Producers
- Completing other administrative tasks for the theatre upon request
- Light cleaning duties such as sanitization and clearing tables
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years experience in a customer service position
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working –
relationships with theatre companies and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- Box Office/Hosting experience is an asset, but not required.
- Pro-Serve & Pro-Tect qualifications are beneficial
2 part-time Canada Summer Jobs positions available at $15.00/hour
20 – 25 hours per week.
Must be available nights & weekends.
To apply, please send a Cover letter & Resume to Jocelyn Anselmo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note Box Office/Host in the Subject line.
No phone calls please. Posting Closes: Wednesday, June 9th, 2021