The Grindstone Theatre is seeking a Fund Development Coordinator to join our growing team! The Fund Development Coordinator is responsible for developing and furthering relationships with the Grindstones existing donors, prospective donors, corporations and the community at large. This position is also responsible for seeking sponsorship for Grindstone produced programming and coordinating fundraising events such as Casinos and Bingos. The ideal candidate is a motivated, organized and creative individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Effectively manage a personal portfolio of donors and prospects and work closely with the Artistic Director to strategically steward donors to higher giving tiers.
- Develop and refine strategies for achieving the organization’s targets and for reaching key market segments
- Liaise with the Classes Coordinator to find ways of incorporating educational programming into annual donor cultivation efforts.
- Be responsible for achieving the annual giving revenue target each year and managing annual budgeting and reforecasting for Individual and Institutional Giving areas
- Plan and organize fund development events and activities
- Assist with development of policies and guidelines relating to donors and fund development.
- Take part in regular prospect management meetings to discuss strategy and action plans with regard to prospects and current donors.
- 2-3 years experience in Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with prospective donors and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with various software programs including: MS Office Suite and Keela
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- 1 part-time Canada Summer Jobs position is available
- 15-20 hours per week.
- Must be available some nights & weekends for special events.
To apply, please send a Cover letter & Resume to Byron Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note Fund Development Coordinator in the Subject line. No phone calls please.
Posting closes: June 14, 2021