ABOUT PRIDE YMM
Pride YMM is a group of community members committed to raising awareness and promoting inclusion of LGBTQ2S+ people in Wood Buffalo. Pride YMM coordinates LGBTQ2S+ affirming events, support programs, advocates for LGBTQ2S+ inclusion, and provides training and resources. Their goal is to unite and empower gender diverse people and people of diverse sexual orientations. Pride YMM aims to foster belonging and create safer spaces and communities for all.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Pride YMM Festival is an annual celebration of the LGBTQ2S+ community in the Wood Buffalo region. The Festival builds awareness and promotes inclusion of LGBTQ2S+ in Wood Buffalo. Celebrations for 2021 will be held on September 5th at Shell Place Stadium in Fort McMurray, and this marks the 5th year of the festival. Festivities will include performances, market vendors, food and drinks, awards, competitions, and more.
ABOUT THE COMMISSION
Following the success of previous festivals, Pride YMM is looking for a Stage Manager for their upcoming 2021 Pride YMM Festival to ensure that event performances run smoothly. Performances will take place outdoors at Shell Place Stadium in Fort McMurray on September 5, 2021 from 12 – 4 p.m.
- Stage Manager must be a Wood Buffalo resident for the duration of the project
- Stage Manager must be available to complete duties leading up to and including the event date
- Stage Manager must be available for the entire day of the event (including setup and tear down)
- Transportation is an asset
- Preference will be given to those that self-identify as LGBTQ2S+
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate performers and performance logistics leading up to the event
- Ensure performance contracts are signed before event date
- Schedule performers chosen by Pride YMM Selection Committee
- Coordinate and communicate with Pride YMM delegates to ensure festival requirements are fulfilled
- Coordinate and communicate with Shell Place staff as required
- Track potential additional expenses as required for event logistics
- Field questions and inquiries from performers
- Oversee show and technical aspects (i.e., light, sound, etc.) during performances
- Participate in Selections Committee to select performers for 2021 Pride YMM Festival
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership and delegation skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
All submissions must be emailed to Arts Council Wood Buffalo Communications Manager, Will Collins, at email@example.com.
Use the subject heading “Pride YMM Stage Manager Proposal — [Your or Your Company’s Name].”
All submissions must be emailed as one (1) compiled PDF, including the following information:
Your name, contact phone number and home/company address.
Artistic statement — the philosophy behind how you approach your creative work.
A summary of previous creative experiences which highlight the expertise you bring to this project.
Rationale for why you’d like to be the Stage Manager
Submissions must be received by 12 p.m. (noon) on July 12, 2021. Late submissions will not be considered for hire.
This is a paid position for $1,500 to compensate the successful candidate.
The Stage Manager will be selected based on the strength of their proposal, including experience, demonstrated abilities, and creativity.
Priority will be given to proposals that are communicated clearly, and to those who self-identify as LGBTQ2S+
Please note that only the successful applicant will be notified.
QUESTIONS AND MORE INFORMATION
For questions or more information about this artist call or application process, please contact Communications Manager, Will Collins, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 587-674-1625 x.104.
For questions or more information about Pride YMM Festival, please contact Pride YMM at email@example.com.
Learn more about Arts Council Wood Buffalo at www.artscouncilwb.ca